Thelma holds a degree in Creative Art Studies from York University with a major in Visual Art. Over the years, she has taken classes and workshops throughout the GTA including Visual Arts Mississauga and Haliburton School of the Arts. Since retiring from the Senior Arts Consultant position with the City of Toronto, she has mainly focused on non-objective painting.
I spent the better part of 2006 completing a historical reproduction of a Boticelli painting in egg tempera that I had started in university.It was very satisfying to finally complete it but after the millionth tiny stroke, I was ready for something more freeing and immediate. Several workshops in non-objective art was just the right antidote and I became very engaged and committed in the challenging process of non-representational painting. My objective is to incorporate strong design elements. Using shape, contrast and colour I strive to achieve balance and harmony where every mark contributes to the success of the work.
- Art Gallery of Mississauga: Visual Arts Mississauga Juried Show of Fine Arts 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019
- Assembly Hall Gallery: The Colour and Form Society Biennial Juried Show 2018 & Lakeshore Arts “Through The Eyes Of The Artist” Juried Shows 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Etobicoke Civic Centre Art Gallery: The Colour and Form Society Juried Shows, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018
- John B. Aird Gallery, Toronto: The Ontario Society of Artists Open Juried Show, 2015
- Holcim Gallery, Milton: The Colour and Form Society – non-representational Juried Show, 2015
- Beaux-Arts Gallery, Brampton: The Colour and Form Society New Members Exhibition, 2015
- Visual Arts Mississauga Gallery: Valentine Show, 2014, 1 of 14 Best in Show
- Paper Mill Gallery, Toronto: The Colour and Form Society Biennial Juried Show 2014, 2016
- The Art Gallery of Peel: 35thAnnual Juried Show of Fine Art, 2008
- Colour & Form Society
- Visual Arts Mississauga
- Etobicoke Civic Centre Art Gallery Committee
- Assembly Hall Art Gallery Committee